1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Hold two dumbbells with your hands about 15 cm apart, palms facing towards your body. The dumbbells should rest against the front of your thighs.
1. Pull the dumbbells directly upwards towards your chin, bending your elbows out to the sides until the bar is level with your neck.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
• Keep the dumbbells very close to your body throughout the movement.
• Make sure you do not sway backwards as you lift the bar.
• At the top of the movement your elbows should be level with, or slightly higher than, your hands.
• Lower the bar slowly, resisting the weight.