1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
2. Hold a barbell behind your thighs, keep your arms straight.
1. Raise your shoulders straight up towards your ears, keeping your arms straight.
2. Hold for a count of two; then lower the , dumbbells back to the starting position.
• Keep your arms straight throughout the movement.
• Lift and lower the bar slowly and deliberately - don't jerk them.
• As you lower the bar, allow your shoulders to drop down as far as possible this stretches the trapezius and increases the range of motion.
• Do not rotate your shoulders backwards at the top of the movement - this increases the risk of injury to the shoulder and places no further work on the trapezius.
• Use straps to improve your grip.
Dumbbell shrug: Hold a pair of dumbbells by your sides level with your thighs, palms facing backwards. Keep your arms straight.