Tuesday, February 24, 2015

On Your Best Day You Ain't No Lady Gaga


I've been saying for a while now, that Lady Gaga is a lot more talented than her shtick would make you believe. Being one of those people that easily gets songs stuck in my head, I noticed years ago, that what Lady Gaga really had going for her was that her songs were catchy and even in a brain like mine, they stuck extra quick. What I noticed though, since I am also someone who walks around whistling all the time, is that her pitch is incredible. That's what happens when you whistle and always try to catch the pitch.

Now as demonstrated in what she did at the Oscars above, Lady Gaga is ready to take it to the next level. She did what she had to to get noticed, and now she is using that to get admired and probably acclaimed. She really has deserved it all along, but let me tell you this, I wouldn't have watched the Oscars if you paid me, tortured me, or sold my family into slavery. When this was played on the radio I had to go and see it because it is beautiful, and I know I am not the only one.

I have laughed when people like Madonna have come out pointing her bony finger at Lady Gaga for ripping her off. Child please, you didn't invent the lunatic shtick, you just exploited it for more than you deserved. You ain't no Lady Gaga.