Saturday, October 29, 2011

What is a Jon Huntsman?

I'd be the first to admit that I just don't get the Jon Huntsman campaign at all if it wasn't for just about everyone else beating me to it. I mean seriously I hate bashing the man because of his father {who happens to share the name} who happens to be one of the greatest men this country ever produced, but Jon Jr. and his daughters I just don't get.
Of course there are always candidates like Mitt Romney out there that are going to exploit their front runner status and be all mealy mouthed to take advantage of a complicit media that wants a beatable Republican to take on the Democrat. That I completely understand. John McCain, Bob Dole, Gerald Ford have all worn that mantle and even if you hate George W Bush you have to admit the media never gave him a fair shake or a free pass. Yeah he sucked as a president, so Jon Huntsman should look into that as most of Bush's people and family backs him. What I don't get are the intellectual elitists like Jon Huntsman who send out lackies {now including his daughters} to do some of the strangest crap in the name of smearing. Now I guess this ad could be considered light hearted but it really isn't.
Then there is that other factor that Jon Huntsman brings to the table. Is he not the only person on the planet that has noticed anyone backing him aside from the establishment {those that want to hold desperately to the status quo that got us into this mess} are those that can't even give him an endorsement without insulting the very people that are supposed to be voting for him? Seriously folks keep your eyes open when you see people talk him up. They always call Republicans, Repugs or Repubicans, or some other slant. I realize that they think so little of Republicans {I think so little of Republicans too} that they don't even mask their progressive style mocking of them. If that is all it takes to sell you on a candidate then let me be the first to tell you that you are the problem.