Thursday, October 27, 2011

Now Is The Time For Action!

In the interest of full disclosure, I will tell you ahead of time that I am fully behind Herman Cain, and I have been since I first heard him float the idea during Neil Cavuto's show on Foxnews. I was actually very jazzed for the first time since Dan Quayle so that will pretty much tell you how bad I have been at calling presidents. This ad really has made the rounds over the beginning of this week and because the Mark Block the chief of staff to Herman Cain had the audacity to be himself in this advertisement. Yes that includes smoking a cigarette.
Now at first I saw this and thought it was a joke, because smoking is a huge no no in the political world. Then as it made the rounds I started thinking to myself, that it was brilliant in the way that it has dominated the news for days. Herman Cain is after all a businessman and seems to understand what will keep his name above the fold doesn't he? I'm not going to go on and on about what I like about the ad. It's kinda boring actually, but I did want to say that I found it really amusing that the same people that are up in arms about Cain's chief of staff smoking out in the open, were the very same people that covered up the fact that we elected a man that smoked like a chimney while he was running for president. I won't even say whether I think he really quit smoking or not, because let's face it kids. There isn't any real proof out there that the guy even graduated college or not. Chew on that you anti-smoking zealots!