Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Crow's Spooktacular Halloween Countdown: No. 1


Well for those of you who Re-Read the last Spooktackular today, you will know that the Beautiful Miss Night Owl picked the movie, all that is left is the song … I think it is pretty important to note that this IS the greatest MOVIE EVER. Regardless of whether it is a scary movie, a gory movie, a funny movie, I have officially seen no other movie more times than this one, and that includes “Better Off Dead” or any of “The Revenge of the Nerds” movies combined {which admit it, you have all seen those movies a million times at least. “The Lost Boys”, was without a doubt the greatest movie of my teenage years, as it combined absolutely EVERYTHING that I cared about into one movie. It was full of very lasting one liners “We got the one that looks like Twisted Sister, in the bathroom!”, the future of acting at the time {Jason Patrick, Keifer Southerland, Jamie Gehrtz, Cory Feldman, Corey Haim, That chick from Law & Order Blondie Whatsername, The dude from the Dodge commercials Older Dorkulusguythere … ok I am doing this all from memory yanno}, the total HOT BABE that I spent many years playing “bad monkey” because of {Jamie Gehrtz}, and to this sick and twisted bastard VAMPIRES. The story was also a very interesting Paradox of growing up and getting old, that some of the “lesser beings” didn’t get. ~evil laughter~

It was Shannon really who helped me decide that this should be a later entry than number 5, I originally thought that the fact that I didn’t like the soundtrack much, meant it wasn’t number 1, but on it’s own merits it will always be. She picked out the song, as it is a really cool song, and I never noticed how great the words actually are. The name of the artist who does this classic of “shocking” music that haunts you as you are watching the movie is “Gerard McMann” … and the Song that is Number 1 … “Cry Little Sister” …


Cry Little Sister

A last fire will rise behind those eyes
Black house will rock, blind boys don't lie
Immortal fear, that voice so clear
Through broken walls, that scream I hear
Cry, little sister - Thou shall not fall
Come to your brother - Thou shall not die
Unchain me, sister - Thou shall not fear
Love is with your brother - Thou shall not kill
Blue masquerade, strangers look on
When will they learn this loneliness?
Temptation heat beats like a drum
Deep in your veins, I will not lie
Little sister - Thou shall not fall
Come to your brother - Thou shall not die
Unchain me, sister - Thou shall not fear
Love is with your brother - Thou shall not kill
My Shangri-Las
I can't forget
Why you were mine
I need you now
Cry, little sister - Thou shall not fall
Come to your brother - Thou shall not die
Unchain me, sister - Thou shall not fear
Love is with your brother - Thou shall not kill

Question … As I always value, the input of you guys … Should I decide to do another Top Ten in the future {and it will be a while because I have some poetry I am desperate to get out in this Blog Space for a bit} what do you think would be a great topic??

Thank you all for playing along … this was a LOT of fun … The Real Life Ghost Stories From The Crow is ready for Halloween morning tomorrow, and it is a MUST SEE! ;8o)