Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Crow's Spooktacular Halloween Countdown: No. 8


So here is a movie that was rather balanced. It wasn’t that good really, but the soundtrack at the time was amazingly good. It was hard to pick out the song from the movie “Trick or Treat” but I decided that “Heft” was probably the scariest of them all. In all reality the movie would have been easily forgotten if it weren’t for the first really good cameo role by Ozzy Osbourne, playing of all things a priest, bitching about Heavy Metal music being the works of Satan! It was amusing. Gene Simmons also played the degenerate Rock n Roll DJ, who gets most of the evil flowing, whether accidentally or not in this movie. Of course it is also worth mentioning that “Skippy” from “Family Ties” made a rather dorky Metal Head in the movie. Made me kinda ashamed of being … well … a dorky Metal Head … lol.

Ok the band that actually did this gem was named “Fastway”, and I am sure that most people don’t even recognize them, and to be totally honest with you, when the movie came out, I didn’t either, so I guess we are even. If you like a little AC~DC, with a person who can actually carry a tune, this band would be for you. This song in particular was very very eerie sounding, so if you like to get your hands on MP3’s I suggest finding a copy of it …

Heft
My, my said the beggar man
What you give and what you take
Are two different things
Eat up what you've got
Evil winds that drag your bones to rot
Evil winds that'll set, set me free
Suicide of the first division
Found dead with a noose wrapped around your head
No one cared to raise an eye
Don't it make you wanna' scream, scream till they cry
Evil winds that'll set, set me free
Please brother can you spare me a dime
To buy some bread and a bottle of wine
I'll never ask for anything again
Just help me, help me to survive
Evil winds that'll set, set me free
Please brother can you spare me a dime
To buy some bread and a bottle of wine
I'll never ask for anything again
Just help me make it through the
Help me make it through
Help me make it through
Help me make it through
Make it through the night
High tide like a wishing well
The thoughts of Balrog flowing through my head
Please time won't you take me back
To the lands and paths
From where I came
From where I came
Evil winds that'll set, set me free
Heft

The question of the day … What was without a doubt the STUPIDEST horror flick you ever saw? … don’t just go for the Friday the 13th angle … too easy :D